XDEV 3.2 final release now available
byon 29.11.2012 at 11:28 (0 Views)
The new XDEV 3 version 3.2 is now stable. The final release is available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS-X. XDEV 3.2 is completely free. The framework is open source under LGPL license.
- Global search: A global search function (find and replace) was implemented. Choose the menu File > Global Search or use the shortcut STRG + H.
- ER designer: The ER designer has been completely revised. The main improvement is the support of linked foreign keys. Othogonal drawed lines between the tables, the ability to group and highlight tables and the new zoom and print functions offer a significantly better overview.
- Beans: The GUI-Builder has been improved with a completely new GUI bean integration. Now, XDEV 3.2 supports the Javabean standard fully, in particular all types, properties and events. Dynamic properties are now supported as well.
- Properties: For all properties you can add your own code instead of static values.
- Properties: Mnemonics are now available for the following GUI components: XdevLabel, XdevButton, XdevToggleButton, XdevMenu, XdevMenuItem, XdevCheckboxMenuItem, XdevRadioButtonMenuItem.
- XdevTab: In the properties a background color can now be defined.
- Internationalization-Assistant: New assistant for very fast and easy internationalization of grphic user interfaces. The assistant lists all GUI components of a window, replaces the caption by using variables and automatically generates the resource files for the respective language. The wizard can be called from an icon in the toolbar of the GUI builder.
- Debugger: Variable values can now be changed while debugging. Right-click the value > Change value.
- Find-Bugs Integration: Enables the automated search for error patterns in the Java code.
Ingres: A new database interface for the Ingres database was implemented.
Test database: New test database menu File > New > Data source > H2 database > cars.
XDEV Application Framework
Database interfaces: The database interfaces of the XDEV IDE are now part of the XDEV Application Framework and thus open source. The source code is published together with the framework code unter the LGPL license.
From XDEV 3.2 the XDEV IDE, the XDEV Application Framework and the XDEV Component Suite will get the same version number.
We advise you to use our new community forum, if you have any questions about XDEV 3.2.
Download now !